Q. Are your dust masks effective against viruses?
A. The masks we listed are not disposable and not medical masks. Please be aware that our NEOPRENE and MESH masks only filter the air being breathed in and not the air being breathed out. Because of this, they will only provide filtration for those wearing the mask. If you believe you have been infected, our masks will not protect those around you from the spread of infection.
Q. When will my order ship?
A. Most orders placed at www.fightechusa.com are fulfilled within one to two business days after the order has been placed. Once your package has shipped, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking ID.
Q. What if my order is delayed?
A. Orders that are placed at www.fightechusa.com take 1-2 days maximum to process. When the order is processed, we provide a tracking number for our customers, with that tracking number you can check the status of your package and its estimated delivery date. Please keep in mind that due to the current situation all postal services are working at a record low number of employees, so orders may be taking longer to process.
Q. Why have I recently noticed a change in packaging of your masks?
A. We pack the masks according to our company standards, which is to put the mask in a branded plastic bag with an instruction card and 2 silica anti-odor bags.
However, due to the current situation we are unable to get some of our branded materials from our factory overseas. We will get back to normal as soon as this crisis is over.
Q. How to wear the FIGHTECH Mask?
A. The mask must cover both the nose and mouth to keep you from breathing in mold and dust. If it does not have a snug fit, it will not work properly. The correct fit of the mask requires contact with smooth skin. It might not work properly for people with beards or facial hair. Always use both the straps and the ear-loops on the mask to hold it in place to keep air from leaking around it.
Q. How to make sure the Mask fits?
A. Do a user seal check, including both positive and negative pressure checks, to verify that. You have correctly put on the mask and adjusted it to fit properly.
Negative pressure check: Place both hands completely over the mask and inhale sharply. Be careful not to disturb the position of the mask. The mask should pull into your face. If air leaks around your face or eyes, adjust the nose-piece and straps and repeat the positive pressure check.
Positive pressure check: Put your hands over the mask and breathe out sharply. Be sure to cover the exhalation valve when you exhale. No air should leak out of the mask if it fits properly. If air leaks out, re-adjust the nose piece and straps and repeat the negative pressure check.
Q. How to replace the filter on Neoprene or Mesh Mask?
A. Please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qw_Vq1y2JQ
Q. How to replace the filter on Cotton or Mesh Mask?
A. Please watch this video: https://youtu.be/kOkK8zbn4eA
Q. When should I replace my filter?
A. As the filter gets clogged, it becomes more difficult to breathe. When this occurs, throw it out and use a new one. Discard the filter if it is wet or dirty on the inside, if it is deformed, or if the filter is torn. A deformed filter may not fit properly. The filter cannot be cleaned or disinfected, however, you can hand wash the mask and let it air-dry.
Duration time for filter depends on the breathing rate of the user and the pollution level. We recommend replacing the filter
- every 25-30 hours - if the mask is used extensively in heavy dust exposure to things such as grain bins, off-roading, construction/demolition etc.
- every 30-40 hours - if the mask is used in light dust exposure to grain bins, off-road, construction/demolition etc.
- every 50-60 hours of continuous use when protecting against allergens, pollutants, odors etc.
Q. Can you wash the filter?
A. Our filters are not washable. We strongly recommend that you replace your filter when the active carbon has been depleted or when visually the filter appears to be worn out. Replacing your filter assures you will receive the maximum possible protection.
Q. Is the mask washable?
A. Yes, the mask can be washed. We recommend washing the mask with warm water and soap. Make sure to allow your mask to dry completely after washing it. Don't forget to remove filter and valves (if removable).
Q. Can the mask be used against silica?
A. Our masks are not recommended for use against silica, lead, arsenic or any other toxic/dangerous substances.
Q. Where are your masks made?
A. All FIGHTECH products are processed and shipped from our US warehouse in New York. Our products are manufactured in an ISO 9000 certified factory in China.
WARNINGS AND LIMITATIONS
PLASTIC BAGS CAN BE DANGEROUS. TO AVOID RISK OF SUFFOCATION, KEEP THIS BAG AWAY FROM BABIES AND CHILDREN!
- By filtering the air, the Fightech® mask is limiting your air supply. If you feel dizziness or health issues, stop using the mask immediately. If you have any known illnesses, specifically asthma, lung disease, heart disease, thrombosis, or are taking any medication, or if you smoke regularly, consult your doctor before using the mask.
- This mask does not supply oxygen and must be used only in appropriately ventilated areas containing enough oxygen to support life. If breathing becomes difficult at any time, you should leave the work area immediately and return to the fresh air.
- Always check your mask before use. Do not use the mask if any damage is detected.
- This mask will work correctly only if a full seal is formed with the face.
- This mask will help reduce the smell of odors; however, it will not block the odor completely.
- This is not a medical mask. Because of the valves design, the masks only filter the air being breathed in and not the air being breathed out. Because of this, they will only provide filtration for those wearing the mask. Our masks will not protect those around you from the spread of infection.
- This mask only helps to keep certain dust and particles out of your lungs, nose, and mouth. DO NOT use this mask for protection against silica, asbestos, or non-organic chemicals. Replace the filter before the next use if exposed to mold.
- Failure to follow all instructions and limitations on the use of this mask could reduce the effectiveness of the product and result in sickness or death.